Account Manager Development within a global energy and utility supplier
Team of 70 B2B Account Managers (pilot of 20 completed December 2011 – rollout in February 2011).
Increasing competition in the energy market, means they can no longer rely on ‘loyal’ businesses staying with the same supplier.
Account Managers need to build relationships with their customers rather than just approach them at renewal and accept if the customer has chosen to go to a competitor. The majority of the business is over the telephone, although most Account Managers felt more comfortable using email rather than actually having conversations – a culture which really needed to be changed.
Sales Manager Development including:
- Face to face Assessment at start and finish of the programme
- 2 Modules (total 3 days) including Leadership skills for driving performance and a coaching culture. The Sales Managers also attended the Account Manager training and coached their own team members during the practical sessions
- 1:1 coaching on site in between Modules
- Account Manager Development including:
- Assessment at start and finish
- 2 Sales Modules using business actors to bring Sales methodology to real life
We are also currently going through Institute of Sales and Marketing Management (ISMM) qualifications with this team
Results (Still coming through)
- Immediate increase in conversion rates up by an average of 20%
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Large increase in cross selling and upselling of energy services